|You may ask the screener to:
- Explain the security process to you.
- Verbally communicate to you throughout
each step of the screening process.
- Provide you with assistance by placing
your items on the x-ray belt
- Provide you with assistance by
providing you with an arm, hand, or shoulder as you move through the process.
- Find someone to escort you through the
- Let you know where the metal detector
- Let you know when you will be going
through the metal detector.
- Let you know when there are obstacles
you need to avoid.
- Perform a physical inspection (in lieu
of an x-ray inspection) of your white collapsible cane. This will allow you to guide
yourself through the walk-through metal detector. Inspection of your white
collapsible cane will be completed after you go through the walk-through metal detector.
If your white cane cannot be cleared with by physical inspection, the screener will
notify you that the cane must be x-rayed.
- Perform a hand inspection of equipment
(e.g., Braille note-takers) if you are concerned that the X-ray inspection may damage
- Reunite you with all of your carry-on
items and assistive devices after the X-ray or physical inspection of the items is
completed, including electronic equipment that has been specially adapted for your use.
- Verbally direct you toward your gate
once the screening has been completed.